Employees in the vehicle business of any kind are historically used to flipping through large catalogs when looking for spare sparts. One strategy to master the paper-to-web transfer is the conversion of the Parts Europe catalogs to onlne page flip books with extended functionality.
- Based on page flip plugin jQuery TurnJS
- Catalog data (SOLR database, PDF documents, images) generated by a third party Java application called Blätterkatalog
- Front end functionality programmed in jQuery and PHP
- Integrated in single sign on authentication from web site and web shop
- Live display of item data (pricing, availability, tech specs, etc)
Live since 2013, usually 20 – 30 catalogs online
The page flips will be much more closely integrated into the product data which is also used in the web shop. This will take place on several levels.
- Update to the latest version of TurnJS to improve overall page flip performance
- Improve the searchability of the catalog content
- Add further functions
- Add possibilities of personalisation for the user to enhance the user experience
- Make it usable on mobile devices